Articles on this Page
- 08/31/05--22:05: _Using the Fear Fact...
- 04/14/11--06:00: _11 Small Words that...
- 07/18/12--06:00: _International Conte...
- 09/26/12--07:00: _Build a Content Mar...
- 01/18/13--06:00: _Bite-Sized Social M...
- 01/23/13--06:00: _Writing for the Web...
- 01/31/13--06:00: _Copywriting Cheat S...
- 02/28/13--06:00: _How to Write Effect...
- 03/27/13--06:00: _Content Your Custom...
- 04/17/13--06:00: _The Secret to Conte...
- 12/17/12--06:00: _Create SEO Goodness...
- 06/21/13--08:15: _The Sweet Smell of ...
- 07/22/13--06:00: _You Had Me at Hello...
- 07/22/13--06:00: _Gain More Credibili...
- 07/29/13--06:00: _Get Your Content to...
- 08/09/13--06:00: _Email Bloopers: Rea...
- 08/14/13--06:00: _5 Copywriting Tips ...
- 08/16/13--06:00: _11 Smart Content Ma...
- 10/15/13--06:00: _How to Find Your Br...
- 10/17/13--06:00: _Use a Style Guide f...
- 08/31/05--22:05: Using the Fear Factor as an Advertising Motivator
- 04/14/11--06:00: 11 Small Words that Crowd Your Copy
- 07/18/12--06:00: International Content Marketing Dos & Don’ts
- 09/26/12--07:00: Build a Content Marketing Calendar, Customers Will Come
- 01/18/13--06:00: Bite-Sized Social Media Marketing
- 01/23/13--06:00: Writing for the Web (It’s Not What You Learned in English Class)
- 01/31/13--06:00: Copywriting Cheat Sheet: How to Write for Email, Social and the Web
- 02/28/13--06:00: How to Write Effective Website Copy
- 03/27/13--06:00: Content Your Customers Actually Care About
- 04/17/13--06:00: The Secret to Content Optimization for People and Search
- 12/17/12--06:00: Create SEO Goodness For Your Site Now
- 06/21/13--08:15: The Sweet Smell of a Subject Line
- 07/22/13--06:00: Gain More Credibility with a Customer Case Study
- 07/29/13--06:00: Get Your Content to Stand Out from the Crowd
- 08/09/13--06:00: Email Bloopers: Read This Before You Hit ‘Send’
- 08/14/13--06:00: 5 Copywriting Tips to Enhance User Experience
- 08/16/13--06:00: 11 Smart Content Marketing Tools for Every Budget
- 10/15/13--06:00: How to Find Your Brand’s Content Marketing Narrative
- 10/17/13--06:00: Use a Style Guide for Consistently Great Content
I was on a VERY long plane ride to Greece this week, a ride that takes 15 hours from San Francisco, so my husband (who is also in the business) and I started chatting. I was in the process of telling him about a VERY memorable and frightening commercial I saw recently (it IS a
We talk about copywriting at VR because it’s integral to any marketing. Whether you’re writing an email, website copy, online ad, Twitter Tweet, Facebook post, or blog post, you’re communicating to your audience with words, and therefore copywriting. There are small words that make a big impact on your copy – and not always a
International waters… have you dipped your toe in them, not just personally, but for your business? Gaining global customers and/or an international audience is extremely exciting, but doing your homework is vital if you want to adhere, relate to, engage and most importantly, market to this audience appropriately. So what is the biggest deterrent to
There’s someone I’d like you to meet! My biggest frenemy in the world: Procrastination. Oh wait, you two have already met? Of course you have, procrastination gets around, am I right? And, when it comes to content marketing, getting involved with procrastination is an intense whirlwind relationship full of stress, guilt and shame. Meanwhile, customers
The post Build a Content Marketing Calendar, Customers Will Come appeared first on VR Marketing Blog.
When it comes to social media, bigger isn’t always better. Visitors like short, crisp interactions that get straight to the point. Social media software expert Jeff Bullas recently wrote a compelling article highlighting 5 types of snack-sized content for social media marketing worth considering. Bullas’ list includes: 1. Snack-Sized Blog Posts Instead of hitting readers
One of my best friends is a dentist who is about to open her own private dental practice. I received a frantic call from her the other day: “I’m building my website, but I have no idea how to write anything for it. Help!” Writing doesn’t come easily for many people, let alone writing for
The post Writing for the Web (It’s Not What You Learned in English Class) appeared first on VR Marketing Blog.
Psst… want to know the key to writing engaging copy for email, social media and the web? We’ve got a cheat sheet. Now we don’t normally condone “cheating,” but when it comes to writing effective copy for various online marketing channels, like Facebook, email, or a website, we wholeheartedly approve of you using our copywriting
The post Copywriting Cheat Sheet: How to Write for Email, Social and the Web appeared first on VR Marketing Blog.
You know the feeling. You’re staring at a blinking cursor on a blank screen, trying to figure out how to get your website visitors excited about your product or service. It sounds easy. After all, who knows your product better than you do? But most of us were never taught this kind of writing in
Content marketing seems to be all the rage right now, right? But as it turns out, businesses have been using content to give customer-value for over a hundred years. Here’s a great example: In 1904, Jell-O door-to-door salesmen would give out their cookbook for free. Jell-O’s sales rose like crazy in just a few years. True
Working as a content marketing director, my team and I are responsible for the creation, editing, publishing and optimization of dozens of pieces of content each week. We strive to create relevant, meaningful and ultimately useful information for our readers. But, we live in the world of the internet, and no matter how beneficial our
The post The Secret to Content Optimization for People and Search appeared first on VR Marketing Blog.
Was your site affected by the Penguin and Panda updates? If you answered yes, read on for a few fast tips on how you can create SEO goodness for your site
One could argue that content or design are the most important components of your email, however, it's your subject line, that takes the cake. Test these techniques to concoct the best smelling subject line.
Business Meeting Etiquette: 8 Pet Peeves
In the movie Jerry Maguire, Jerry expressed his love in a long-winded speech to Dorothy and her reply was the simple phrase: “You had me at hello.” Your subject line can do the very same thing for your email marketing and leave your readers swooning. Your readers’ inboxes are a crowded place these days and with
The post You Had Me at Hello – 5 Types of Subject Lines to Engage Your Audience appeared first on VR Marketing Blog.
You know that your company is awesome at what it does, but just because you say it doesn’t automatically mean everyone will believe you right away. When it comes to successful marketing, you need to both shout from the rooftops and also have people on the street do some of the shouting for you –
We’re smack-dab in the golden age of content marketing. Everywhere you look, there’s a webinar/podcast/blog post telling you to jump on the bandwagon and produce engaging, relevant content and your business will boom. Well, it’s not quite that simple. In this race to produce content, my team and I sometimes find ourselves asking: Are we
We live in an ultra fast-paced world. Sending texts, IMs, and e-mails from our smartphones has become commonplace. But with all this speed, are we sacrificing quality business communications? Let’s look at a few examples. After a phone conversation with a potential new partner, I agreed to connect the person with our internal contact. We
You’ve given much thought to how to describe your product on your website, but have you paid attention to how your copywriting impacts your user experience
microcopybuy now buttonget a quote buttonnext button
Here is a list of our favorite content marketing tools from getting ideas to creating, sharing & optimizing, there's something for every biz and budget
content marketing – Evernote
Sharing a compelling story is a memorable and powerful content marketing strategy, especially for prospective customers. Here's how to find your narrative
The post How to Find Your Brand’s Content Marketing Narrative appeared first on VR Marketing Blog.